Preparing Your Property For Your Photoshoot
Here is a simple to follow TO-DO list
Letting go of your home can be emotional. However, to detach, realize that the house is just a shell for new occupants. Pack personal items, declutter, and create an impersonal, clean environment for potential buyers. Depersonalizing helps buyers imagine their own items in the home. Regarding furniture, avoid distracting or unique pieces that hinder visualization.
Organized storage spaces are crucial for buyers. Declutter closets and cabinets to avoid a negative impression. Attention to detail indicates your care for possessions and the house. Alphabetize spice jars, stack dishes, and align coffee cup handles in kitchen cabinets. Button shirts and arrange shoes neatly in closets.
Make the House Sparkle
Preparing your home for potential buyers may require professional cleaning. Tasks include window washing, pressure washing exteriors, recaulking, and polishing faucets. Remove dust from furniture, cabinets, and closets. Maintain cleanliness with daily vacuuming, floor waxing, and dusting. Keep bathrooms and kitchen spotless, use fresh towels, and close the toilet lid.
Scrutinize Curb Appeal
Don’t lose potential buyers due to an unappealing exterior. Improve it by painting the front door, adding a wreath or flower pots, and hiring a landscaper. Fix any cracks on steps or walkway and ensure clear visibility of the house number.
Overall / General
Clean floors and surfaces look best in photos
Blinds set at a 45 degree downward angle
Ensure the property is clutter-free and picture-ready
Turn on all lights when the photographer arrives
Avoid being in the photographer’s room to prevent appearing in the photo
Keep pets out of the area that the photographer is working
- Spruce up your garden and lawn; trim shrubbery, consider planting flowers.
- Yard and patio should be neat; outdoor furniture should be in good shape.
- Mow the lawn; make sure the driveway & entryway are free of clutter (toys, bikes, trash cans etc.)
- Remove pool cleaning hoses along with pool toys from and around the pool.
LIVING AREAS AND BEDROOMS
- Remove clutter and tidy up shelves and table tops.
- Move excess furniture out of rooms. You want the space clean, open, and clutter-free (dog crates, tray tables, remote controls, etc…)
- Replace burnt out light bulbs; great photography requires proper lighting.
- Vacuum, clean the windows and surfaces.
- Clean off kitchen counters; remove any clutter.
- Make sure dirty/clean dishes are out of the sink & put away.
- Remove Garbage cans.
- Put essential items used daily in a small box that can be stored away.
- Close the toilet lid and remove garbage cans.
- Clean mirrors & glass surfaces, smears and spots on mirrors will show up big time.
- Hang nice towels neatly from the towel bar.
Please make sure property is photo ready by the time the photographer arrives
Due to Liabilities The Photographer Cannot:
- Move Furniture
- Clean or dust
- Move blinds or curtains